With close to 20 years of experience and over 500 large and medium sized customers, First Climate is among the leading service providers in carbon markets, climate policy and finance, and climate neutrality worldwide.
To strengthen our team, we are seeking a:
Practice Leader – Climate Policy & Finance
Position in Zurich (Switzerland)
First Climate is a leading provider of advisory services for climate policy makers in Europe and internationally. With a track record of two decades, one of our competitive strengths is our integrated business model where our Consulting Team can draw on the expertise of our successful Green Investments and Climate Neutral & Water divisions.
To strengthen our growing Consulting Team, we are looking for a senior individual to lead our Climate Policy & Finance Practice focused on international public and intergovernmental clients, in the fields of:
- Climate policy design and evaluation
- NDC implementation and low-emission development plans
- Carbon market mechanism design and implementation
- International finance for climate mitigation and adaptation
Your Key Responsibilities include:
- Business development in climate policy and finance, carbon markets and national mitigation activities
- Acquisition of clients in a diversified national and international environment
- Management and delivery of consulting projects
- Coordinating and leading the relevant activities of our Consulting Team
You have a relevant study background (economics, business administration) and not less than 5 years of working experience in climate policy-related consulting. You possess intimate knowledge of the international climate negotiations, carbon market mechanisms, and their implementation in Europe and internationally. You have a track record in business development in the relevant markets and draw upon an international network in the private and public sectors. Proficiency in English is essential, proficiency in German and another language is a strong plus.
Start Date: September 2018 or upon agreement
What we offer
- International work environment
- Flat hierarchies
- Pleasant working environment and a professional team
- Exciting challenges
- Competitive compensation package
Please send your full and convincing electronic application to:
First Climate (Switzerland) AG
Att. Daniel Lippok
Please indicate #RAC_115 in the subject header.