Urgent: APUS offers a position for a remunerated internship (100%) from 1 May to 31 August 2019
The work is focused on the rehabilitation of wild birds, and is mainly developed at the Rehabilitation Centre at Intragna (Ticino). The stage period in full time is from 1 May to 31 August 2019.
Duties and responsibilities
- Daily maintenance of the rehabilitation centre (cleaning and maintaining structures)
- Receiving the birds, assisting in performing initial exams and preparing housing
- Hand-rearing young birds (hand feeding, prepare and offer food items)
- Assistance in medication, treatment and tracking the patients rehabilitation progress
- Participation in rescue operations and other protection actions
- Support the public call service
- Assistance to administrative work
- Is necessary a degree or work experience in natural sciences field (environmental sciences, biology, veterinary medicine or else suitable for the task) – applications that don’t respect this condition won’t be considered
- No need of specific knowledge in ornithology
- Identification with the purposes of the association
- High motivation and commitment, sense of practicality, initiative and responsibility
- Be methodical, disciplined, persistent (working at the centre can be hard and laborious), and pay attention to detail and recording it
- Flexibility regarding working hours and long work days (7:00-21:00), cooperation concerning unexpected problems and emergencies
- Mother tongue Italian or at least good knowledge of spoken and written language
- Good general health condition
- Have a driving licence (preferably with car)
- Owning a driver’s license and a personal insurance for accidents and injuries
- A dynamic job in a particular work field.
- The remuneration (800 CHF), the free accommodation and use of the shared spaces. The meals are on the intern responsibility.
- The selected person will receive training and will be guided by experts.
The selected Candidates will have to came to the centre to hold an interview on the dates 15, 16 or 17 April.
The application, consisting of CV with photo and motivation letter (max. 1 page A4) as PDF files, must be submitted until Friday 12 April 2019, by email to email@example.com, mentioning the subject „Stage application“.
Other forms of application, incomplete or sent after the deadline will not be accepted.